Tiszavidék


IPA

CSS Templates 1 CSS Templates 2 CSS Templates 3 CSS Templates 4 Flash Templates 1 Flash Templates 2 Flash Templates 3 Flash Templates 4

DESZK

General information

 

Area

52,05 km² 

Population

3662 

Population density

70,36 /km² 

Twin towns

Oroszhegy (Dealu, Rumania), Rahó (Rahiv, Ukraine) és Wiesenbach (Germany) 

Amorial bearings

 

History

 

The village was first mentioned by the name Dezk in a charter dating from 1490. From 1718 the village belonged to the Banat of Temeschwar. In 1740, Serbian border guards settled in the village. In the second half of the 18th century the villagers started growing tobacco, which was previously brought in the country by the Turks. On August 5, 1849, the village, the Greek Orthodox Church, and the Fortress burned down. In 1950 it became part of Csongrád region.