Tiszavidék


IPA

CSS Templates 1 CSS Templates 2 CSS Templates 3 CSS Templates 4 Flash Templates 1 Flash Templates 2 Flash Templates 3 Flash Templates 4

KISPIAC/MALE PIJACE

General information

 

Area

 57,8 km²

Population

 1988 

Population density

34 /km² 

Twin towns

 Nagymágocs, Öttömös and Mezőcsege (Hungary)

Amorial bearings

 

History

Male Pijace was first mentioned in a document dating from 1211. In the 16th century the village was known by a couple different names: Puczai puszta, Pucsut, Pucs, and later Stara Torina and Szalatornya. After the Ottomans were driven away, the area, being a border land, was populated by Serbian border guards who had significant privileges. In the beginning of the 1750s a Hungarian population also arrives in the village. Due to the effervescent economy, the occasional small markets were replaced by bigger weekly markets.