Tiszavidék


IPA

CSS Templates 1 CSS Templates 2 CSS Templates 3 CSS Templates 4 Flash Templates 1 Flash Templates 2 Flash Templates 3 Flash Templates 4

OROMHEGYES/TREŠNJEVAC

General information

 

Area

 42,1 km²

Population

 1763

Population density

 

Twin towns

 Lepsény and Mártély (Hungary)

Amorial bearings

History

 

Archaeological evidence has shown that the area of present-day Trešnjevac was inhabited even in  prehistoric times. The first written mention of the village dates back to 1271.  Trešnjevac in its present form was founded in the mid-19th century. Between 1921 and 1926  Serbian families settled in the village. Between 1935 and 1941 the village's name was changed to  Uzunovićevo in honor of  Nikola Uzunović. The Serbian partisans butchered 14 villagers in 1944.